- Blepharoplasty is a surgery designed to remove puffiness, fine lines, and sagging skin from the upper or lower eyelids. Good candidates for blepharoplasty are people of any age or background who feel that they always look tired and have chronic eye bags or puffiness around the eyes.
- Puffiness or drooping around the eyes is often caused by excess fat or skin in the orbital area, around the eye sockets. Blepharoplasty is method of improving contour, tightening the skin, and creating a smoother, more refreshed appearance.
- The most common form of blepharoplasty uses a camouflaged incision in the crease of the upper eyelid and another just below the lash line of the lower eyelid. In certain instances, an incision can be completely hidden inside the lower eyelid, in what is known as the tranconjunctival approach. When using either method, Drs. Spencer and Manning take special care to keep incisions as inconspicuous as possible. After the incisions are made, excess tissue is removed to rejuvenate and tighten the eyelid.
- As we age, horizontal creases in the forehead deepen, and the eyebrows tend to drift downward, giving the eyes a shaded or tired look. The goal of a forehead and eyebrow lift, or brow lift, is to raise the brow to its more youthful position, in line with the bony ridge above the eyes and to reposition the forehead skin so that it appears smoother, with the creases and deep grooves eliminated. It is often beneficial to perform brow lift in conjunction with blepharoplasty, as the two areas sometimes need to be treated together.
- Drs. Spencer and Manning employ several different techniques for brow lifting surgery. One of those techniques is the endoscopic brow lift. The endoscopic technique involves making three to five small incisions behind the hairline, through which endoscopic and surgical equipment is passed. The surgery is performed while watching the instruments on a monitor. Another technique employed by Drs. Spencer and Manning involves creating a small incision along existing forehead creases, elevating the eyebrow and removing excess forehead tissue. This incision is closed meticulously, resulting in an imperceptible scar which looks better than the preexisting forehead crease. This mid-forehead buttonhole lift has a much lower chance of complications, such as forehead numbness, fluid collections, unpredictable and short-lived results, than other methods of eyebrow elevation.
- LATISSE™ is a prescription treatment used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker, and darker. Latisse™ is the first and only FDA-approved treatment for people with inadequate or not enough eyelashes. The onset of Latisse™ is gradual but the majority of Latisse users notice that their eyelashes are longer after 1 month of nightly application. The eyelashes grow thicker and darker after 3 months of nightly application.
- Great eyelashes don’t just happen overnight. That’s why it’s important to note that LATISSE™ (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% works gradually and remarkably — with full results after 12 to 16 weeks. Once you begin treatment, you must continue applying the topical solution each night and follow the directions for best results. Remember results are gradual over time.
- Your eyelashes will experience real measurable growth. LATISSE™ works from the inside out and as the treatment progresses; you’ll begin to see changes in length, thickness and darkness gradually. After week 16, you’ll see the full effect of LATISSE® — and so will others.
We offer many procedures under local anesthesia that would historically be performed under general anesthesia, saving many of the risks, costs, side effects of general anesthesia (such as nausea), and recovery from general anesthesia.
We have created a center for privacy, rejuvenation, serenity and renewal for patients. Our center provides the highest level of care available anywhere in the field of facial plastic surgery while maintaining the upmost regard for patient safety, comfort, and privacy—all the while adding a touch of elegance and refinement to the experience.
Drs. Spencer and Manning provide both surgical and non-surgical or non-invasive cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery procedures. If you are searching for the leading facial plastic surgeons in the Northwest Arkansas region, easily accessed from Bella Vista, Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Harrison, Joplin, Southern Missouri, Eastern Oklahoma and everywhere in between, contact our patient coordinator, Kelly Combs at 479-751-7000, and make an appointment today!