- Of all the facial plastic surgery procedures Drs. Spencer and Manning perform, facelift surgery (rhytidectomy) provides perhaps the most dramatic and impressive improvement. Not surprisingly, it is also the procedure that requires the most time and extensive amount of work. Patients’ concerned about the aged appearance of their cheeks, jowls, jawline, and neck are the best candidates for rhytidectomy.
- The popularity of rhytidectomy and its evolution have resulted in the development of a variety of different incisions and techniques. Dr. Spencer and Manning use an incision that minimizes the movement of any facial hair (especially in the temple region) and with his meticulous closure technique, leaves an imperceptible scar. The operation involves four stages: the incision, the elevation of the skin, the repositioning of the facial muscles and fat, and closure. Drs. Spencer and Manning often address both the cheek/jowl and neck area during the third stage of the procedure to maximize improvement in both areas.
- Our doctors’ primary goal is to ensure a natural-looking appearance by camouflaging scars while maximizing surgical improvement. Because of the ability of facelift surgery to dramatically improve the appearance of the face, it is one of the most satisfying procedures Drs. Spencer and Manning perform. However, facelift surgery is not for everyone. The best results are seen with properly-selected candidates who enter the surgical process psychologically prepared and with realistic expectations.
- Though perhaps not as obvious as the nose or eyes, the contours of the jaw line, chin, and cheekbones are important factors in the overall symmetry of the face.
- A receding chin or irregular jaw line is a common concern among patients seeking a chin or jaw (pre-jowl) implant. This problem can be surgically improved with the use of a synthetic implant specifically designed to correct the defect in question. A similar device can be implanted in the cheeks to give the appearance of high, strong cheekbones. Chin, pre-jowl, and cheek implants can be resized and shaped during surgery according to the individual patient.
- Otoplasty is an ear surgery technique to improve the appearance of the external ear, especially the protruding ear. An incision is made behind the ear to reshape the cartilaginous infrastructure and restore anatomical balance. The surgery can be done after the age of six, when the cartilage of the ear has achieved maturity. Good candidates for Otoplasty are people who feel that their ears are too prominent.
- After the incision is made, the cartilage is reshaped and held in place with sutures. The goal of the Otoplasty – ear surgery is to create a natural, long-lasting result and create better facial symmetry.
Facial Scar Revision
- Unfortunately injury and surgery can result in unavoidable, visible scars that remain after a wound has healed. Their progression and development can be unpredictable. If healing is poor, injury can result in scars that are unsightly, obvious, and possibly disfiguring. Our surgeons, offer scar revision procedures meant to minimize scars so that they are less raised or recessed, less different in color or texture from surrounding healthy tissue, and less noticeable.
We offer many procedures under local anesthesia that would historically be performed under general anesthesia, saving many of the risks, costs, side effects of general anesthesia (such as nausea), and recovery from general anesthesia.
We have created a center for privacy, rejuvenation, serenity and renewal for patients. Our center provides the highest level of care available anywhere in the field of facial plastic surgery while maintaining the upmost regard for patient safety, comfort, and privacy—all the while adding a touch of elegance and refinement to the experience.
Drs. Spencer and Manning provide both surgical and non-surgical or non-invasive cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery procedures. If you are searching for the leading facial plastic surgeons in the Northwest Arkansas region, easily accessed from Bella Vista, Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Harrison, Joplin, Southern Missouri, Eastern Oklahoma and everywhere in between, contact our patient coordinator, Kelly Combs at 479-751-7000, and make an appointment today!